December 5, 2010

OK...Lets try this again!!!

 The good news is I now have a home office. The bad news is, I actually have to show up for work beginning tomorrow morning! LOL...

When I started the transition from full time auto technician to freelance internet copy writer I had set up my office in the bedroom my daughter vacated when she left home. A few months later I gave up my office to my daughter-in-law when she came to stay with us while my son was deployed over seas. He's back, she's gone, and I can finally have my office back.

While I was being displaced, I was working from my own bedroom, and my productivity really suffered. Take my advise...NEVER try to do that. You need to be able to separate work life from home life, even if you work from home. I found that by working from the bedroom I never got out of the HOME mode. I was more easily distracted, and after a few months, depression kicked in from staring at the same four walls 24/7. These last few weeks have been sheer hell on earth. I want to work but psychologically I could never get on track.

So...My extended vacation is over. I'll get up tomorrow and take a shower...put on work clothes and go back to work. Wish me luck...I got a lot of catching up to do. But I'm ready to rock and roll now!

No comments: