December 22, 2010

Virtual Office

I'm excited...Since I work from home, like most freelance writers do, I am handicapped by a lack of access by my clients. Email just won't cut it anymore. So to provide improved access for my potential clients, as well as current clients, I have installed a Chat Room to use as a sort of virtual office. This allows my clients to talk directly to me about their projects in real time. It's the next best thing to being there.

To talk to me directly all you have to do is open my blog, click the "My Office" chat page on the menu bar and log into the chat. From there I can answer questions and make quotes as wells as develop/customize their "Unique" presence and brand on the web.

Plans for later expansion of this idea include Skype, GoTo meetings, and possibly networked file sharing. The goal is to use technology to overcome distance barriers, provide a more personal access point, and eliminate travel expenses.

No comments: